Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Buddhism comes to China 206 B.C.E


Today I am talking to Han Emperor Ming, and he is telling me about when Buddhism came to China. I had a dream, he said, Buddha appeared to me so the next day i had my guards to and look for this Buddha. They traveled down the Silk road and came across two monks with a picture of Buddha and Buddhist scriptures. The Guards invited the monks to go back with them and they showed me the picture of the Buddha and I told them that he was the Pearson in my dream, so I had them translate the Buddhist scriptures into Chinese. I had built them a temple called the 'White Horse Temple' so they had a place to stay while they translated the scripts. And this is how Buddhism came to be in china, and it is still a main religion here today.

Resources:
  • "Buddhism Comes to China ." Buddhism Comes to China . N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Oct. 2010. <http:monkeytree.org/silkroad/
  • "Google Images." Google. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Oct. 2010. <http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi>.

No comments:

Post a Comment