Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Unification of China 221B.C.E


Today I am talking to Shi Huangdi, and he is telling me all about how he helped unify china. He says he spent almost 20 years conquering most of the warring states, and then he built a strong Qin government. The Qin government worked very hard to conquer the other warring states but once it did Shi Huangdi established a harsh Legalist type of government, it was based on the teachings of Hanfeizi. Hanfeizi believed that the only way to rule was to have strict laws and enforce harsh punishments for crimes. He also established Feudism which required little interaction with neighboring states and or countries. I decided to build a great wall, said Shi Huangdi, so that I could keep my enemies out and my people in. When Shi Huangdi died in 206 B.C.E Gao Zu defeated enemy’s armies and founded the Han Dynasty which unified China even more.

Recourses:

  • World History Book
  • "Google Images." Google. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Oct. 2010. <http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi>.

No comments:

Post a Comment